lunes, 8 de septiembre de 2014

Deader than dead

Night and you’re not here
In the window a tender kiss of dew
A pagan tear swirling around
A cry of thunder
I’m going under –
you

Tracing curls of smoke
of a dying cigarrette
Raising half-drunk glasses
to the day we met

You’re not here
a shot in the back
I chase you through dumb blank pages
imagining and erasing you
a somberer shade of black

I can only kiss you
in my wet dream of wine
At this hour I find the courage
in the dark you’re always mine

And the bells for you they toll
fourty-four, all in all
With their echo my heart stretches its vein
as the night and I grow old --
in pain

You are here disguised in air
I try to reach you but you’re not there
Summoning the night, afraid of the day
None other but the cold white smoke
To answer the prayer

“Damned if you love her,
damned if you don’t”
A fool to dream of you
scared to wake up

This yearning devotion
will stay mute and unsaid
‘cause I know in the morning
I’ll be deader than dead

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

¿Te interesa dejar un comentario?